Tuesday 27 May 2014

"I wish I had time to do crafty stuff."

I am sitting here sifting through the camera again and have finally found some missing pictures!  I wanted to share these because, honestly, I just want to show off and take a moment to remember that work doesn't take over every spare minute.  I am always surprised by how many times I hear the phrase, "Where do you find the time?" or "I wish I had time to do crafty stuff." It does sometimes sound a little critical as if I should feel lucky to have sooo much spare time that I can just pootle around indulging a hobby.  The truth is, as all crafters know,  we all get the same time in a day and I choose being active over sitting for hours watching tv every evening.  I think most crafters are noctural as we seem to come alive during those twilight hours!  A friend of mine who whips up the most amazing dresses, always seems to want to start a  new project around about 9pm!  So this post is to remind me that those stolen hours before bed (and even before the family awakes) mounts up those little projects pretty quickly.
So, did  I tell you about the Christmas Bazaar?  This year, instead of making a ton of Christmas presents, I decided to make a bundle of goodies for the Church Bazaar.  I started whilst on the long train journey to my sister's for our Yarndale experience.  I crocheted mini stockings, felty garlands and stockings, pot holders, felty baubles, sweetie cones and loads of hair clips.  I loved it!  I was given a little parcel of cheap fabric and did a bit of a "Mocholate" with it.  If you know your "Friends" you will know that a  small amount of mocholate (chocolate substitute) was mixed with much nicer ingredients.  So I happily took small amounts of the bundle to mix with my own stash of felts, ribbons and trims (ahem).  As is always the case, the small, quick projects sold out and the pot holders- which took forever- didn't move.  Never mind eh!  The only real downer was I wasn't able to man the stall as at the last moments, the face painting lady didn't show up.  So I sat and painted tigers, butterflies (and even one dad as batman) for the entire day.

    



Never mind,, as I got  stuck by these two fabby friends who made me laugh the whole time!
I will  post soon on how I made the bow clips as I have now made so many (with two girls- how could I escape it) 

1 comment:

  1. It all looks so fabulous all laid out - you really were a crafting machine to get that lot all done. I think I recognise the felty tree decorations - got to love 'Fa la la felt' :-)

    ReplyDelete