Saturday 20 August 2011

Bibadee-bobadee-boo!


And now, the end is near...
These bibs have been the bane off my life! I now loath bias tape for the puckering and coming away from edges and general stop, rip seam and start over that these tiny things have needed for me to finish.
This picture shows the front and back of the second bib made for my other Sister-in-law as she is now over-due. The velcro on the neck isn't brilliant so I now need to learn how to button-hole I think.

The final bib (and I mean FINAL) I can't put up as it is for another important bundle. Thankfully, it is the best of the bunch. I avoided velcro and stitched on a lovely button and used embroidery thread for a loop on the other side- it should work well if the lady actually puts it on the little darling!


1 comment:

  1. They look fab Thea - fantastic work. One day I'll have another go at sewing on bias tape... though I've had no luck with it so far. If you find a magic method be sure to let me know!

    Oh - and surely a lucky reciepient of one of your bibs is sure to use it, but just hand wash it each time...

    ReplyDelete