Sunday 20 February 2011

The Crochet Coral Reef- Sent off pieces!


I did have fun making these! I had planned to save these until next year's arrival of the Coral Reef and had labelled to hopefully use to help others have a go. Then I found an address where pieces are still being accepted so I sent these off yesterday- I hope they get used!

I never got to see my original pieces. My sister and I organised a day trip to London to see them and had a lovely morning chatting and having lunch at Pizza Express. We went into the display and, after much looking, realised that our pieces had not been included. Seriously ticked off, we went home and both emailed the organisers to say how disappointed we were to be excluded. Imagine our embarrassment when we found out they had been included and our names on the list of crocheters, it's just that we had gone into the wrong room! We had gone and seen the Reef from around the world I think!

The display has moved on now, so hopefully I will catch it next year and see my bits included.

If you have any pieces, you can send them to...
UK Reef
Crafts Council
44S Pentonville Road
London
N1 9BL

No comments:

Post a Comment